Old June 12th 06, 05:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default PING Margy Natalie

My pleasure, Margy. I've often benefitted from your and Ron's posts
here and on DC Pilots, so it was the least I could do...

Wiz

Margy Natalie wrote:
Thanks Wiz, you see how often I get to my newsgroups during "busy season".

Margy

Wiz wrote:
Jay:

I'm sure Margy, font of local wisdom, could answer this, but I had a
minute and picked up a phone to a contact I have at the Smithsonian.
He said monopods are OK. He said, however, that it's possible that a
security officer trying to enforce the no-tripod policy might not know
the difference, so if security approaches you about your monopod use,
have them call the Smithsonian's communications office at (202)
633-2374.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your visit - it's a great museum.

Wiz

Jay Beckman wrote:

Margy,

I have a late afternoon flight out of DCA on Sunday May 7, so I hope to make
it up to the Udvar Hazy Center for a couple of hours before I have to go
drop off the rental car and hop my flight back to Phoenix.

I see where there is a prohibition on tripods but how about a "monopod?"
I'd like to get a little extra support for shooting in existing light.

Thanks in advance,

Jay Beckman
PP-ASEL
Chandler, AZ