Old June 26th 06, 06:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Scaring my cat

"Peter R." wrote in message
Hmmm, the drivers who serve my neighborhood have all been excellent. Very
friendly and likable. What's been your experience?

Delivery drivers I've dealt with -- UPS, FedEx, Airborne, whatever -- have
generally been quite friendly and polite. Until they get back into their
truck. Then they race through the neighborhood, making more noise than is
necessary (loud acceleration, heavy braking), tailgating other vehicles, and
endangering all of us with their speed and recklessness.

I have yet to see any delivery driver actually driving safely. Granted,
they aren't generally a LOT worse than many of the other drivers coming
through, but a) they are supposed to be professionals, and b) they are
piloting quite a bit more mass than most of the other drivers too.

I'm not convinced that this qualifies them for reincarnation lower than a
cat, but it surely doesn't help their case any either.

Pete