Old August 25th 03, 12:28 PM
Frederick Wilson

Corrie,

Thanks for the reply.

I took a look at your website. It was great as well. I admire you and your
simple acceptance of turning 43 with a new baby.

Although I am only 32, you and I have a great many things in life in common.
My wife returns to school next July for a teaching degree. I am struggling
on the garage thing. My roof sure could use some work, but there is no
reason to do that because I need to tear into it to attach the garage. Gotta
have the new master bedroom because of the baby. I have 4 kids too but my
oldest son lives with my ex-

I am also toying with the thought of returning to Active Duty Army and out
of the National Guard. There is a lot more pay there than my civilian job.
This thought is still in its infancy. Probably will not happen because I
like my current wife. (Went to Korea for a year and lost my first wife).

And on and on.

Anyway, you live in WI. Yea it does get cold up there.

Once again, Thanks for the web site. I guess I need to put together my 5
year plan.

Fred
"Corrie" wrote in message
om...
Glad to know I'm not alone. New baby (child #4) arrived two months
ago. Wife just started nursing school. Also planning to add an
addition - need the extra dining-room space downstairs and bedroom
space upstairs. I'm not on military standby, but I do moonlight at a
tech college teaching the nights my wife isn't at school.

I read the AS&S catalog in the can for downtime. I've picked up some
plans, am studying them, making plans to visit local builders, may
start on a scale model for practice and inspiration. Nothing wrong
with spending a year doing research. But the real kicker is that we
don't have a garage built - whoops, scuse me, that's the SHOP that's
not built yet. I'll let the wife park the van in part of it.

Seriously, the key is to be making progress on the most important
things, however you define those things. To everything there is a
season. And slow progress is still progress.

http://www.itasca.net/~corrie/homebuilt_plane_blog.htm

"Frederick Wilson" wrote in message

Well folks I am struggling here. I know what I want to build but I am

having
trouble justifing starting the project. This is what I have going on.

New
baby coming in January (I'm excited). Trying to complete the new master
bedroom (Make room for new baby). Going to school. And am a national

guard
member on active duty. I try to justify my not starting the project

because
my plate is full and because I have not gotten my two car garage/hanger
built.

I have read in several places how folks started their project in

apartments
and via other means.

Am I a loser, procrastintor, or do I really have a full plate?

Fred