Old July 4th 06, 02:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
ChuckSlusarczyk

Default A rough month for BD5J's

In article . com, Richard Riley
says...

ChuckSlusarczyk wrote:
In article , Juan Jimenez says...
As usual the general media morphs statements
into unrecognizable blobs of crap. Same thing happened when I talked to the
Canadian media following Scott Manning's accident. They were pretty good
about accuracy but they got some of the details wrong, and they made the
mistake of asking a couple of armchair BD-5 "experts" at the airport in
Ottawa for comments.

Interesting

Chuck S RAH-14/1 ret

Crap.

I spent extra to get a heavy duty, auto-ranging industrial irony meter,
with the 4th generation titanium filter and laser readout and
everything, less than a year ago. Pfft, it's toast. First time I've
had to use a fire extinguisher of a piece of smoking electronics.

Maybe it's still under warranty...

Gee,sorry to hear that Richard,I thought those meters were pretty bullet proof.
I've got the Binford model 27-D99 with the rectifier coupling decleaser.I keep
the anticonscraminator on high and the mode in full sweep ranging.
It had a slight murmur thru the system but it bypassed the main circuit and only
fried a fuse during the episode in question.

I sure hope you used the proper extinguisher on the fire.If not, even Scotty on
the Enterprise can't fix it :-)

See ya

Chuck (Regional Distributer for the Binford Model 27-D99) S

"what goes around comes around and sometimes hits ya in the head"...anon