Old July 10th 06, 10:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily[_1_]

Default Calls on the radio

Pascal wrote:
Hello,

This might have been brought up in the newsgroup before but I couldn't
find anything about it.

When going to a new airport, the AD

AD?

Usually if I listen to what's being said on the frequency before I talk
I could figure it out, but sometimes some airports don't have that much
traffic and it's a little harder to know what is the proper thing to say.

I think it really depends. With something like BMG (or is it BMI?), you
should be able to tell from the ATIS. The only airport that I really
embarrassed myself at like that was HUF.