Old July 19th 06, 01:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc[_1_]

Default Testing MoGas

Hopefully we won't need too much Alka Seltzer after the party. BTW, do you
recommend getting a rental car?

JN

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
ups.com...
Your premise regarding the alka seltzer doesn't make much sense
chemically.
In fact, the addition of the ethanol may increase the solubility of water
in
the mix, since it is more polar than the normal hydrocarbons contained in
gasoline. However, it's been a long time, but if I find some Alka Seltzer
we
can try it in my lab.

Well, if you bring the alka-seltzer to the pool party Saturday, we'll
have some fun! (And, no, you may NOT drop a bunch of that stuff in
the pool, no matter HOW cool it looks...)

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA