Old July 31st 06, 06:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Mike Kanze

Default A-6 crash after launch?

INTRUDER: THE OPERATIONAL HISTORY OF GRUMMAN'S A-6

An excellent book, probably the most complete compilation to date of Intruder history, lore, factoids, sea stories, etc.

Intruder crash in South Dakota (I think in the 80s).

A VA-176 A-6E (Buno 154140) pranged at the farm of the B/N's brother near Flandreau, SD on May 10, 1985. Both crew died.

--
Mike Kanze

"The New Deal began, like the Salvation Army, by promising to save humanity. It ended, again like the Salvation Army, by running flop-houses and disturbing the peace."

- H. L. Mencken

wrote in message ...
Wow, sounds like a great book. If you get a chance, is there an item
there about an Intruder crash in South Dakota (I think in the 80s).
Trying to find a copy, but appreciate any info you have.

Lyndon