Old August 26th 03, 05:31 PM
Jay

(Whatever) wrote in message
OK. I have a set of drawings for the Dyke Delta JD2. I did
not buy these plans, they were handed to me after the
purchaser died. Since I have no contract with the designer,
are you saying that I am free to copy and sell as many
prints as I feel like?

Scott McQ

The contract not to build more than one plane was between the plan
author and the deceased so you could use the plans for your own plane,
albeit without support. You could not copy and distribute them
legally speaking because of copyright however.

As tech people I think we often get caught up in the theoretical case,
but in the end, practice is what counts. When the cost of legal
pursuit is higher than the possible recovery then all these fancy laws
somehow seem to disappear into thin air.