Old August 4th 06, 11:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Headset Choice

On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 07:22:08 GMT, Grumman-581
wrote:

On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 20:44:37 GMT, ET wrote:
Get one of these: http://www.quiettechnologies.com/ then click on
"halo"

They, and there direct competition (clarity aloft and Lightspeed LS1)
offer a 30 day "free look". All of them are quieter then ANR & Cheeper
too. ($340)

Or you can just use a normal headset and add a pair of foam 31 dB
earplugs with it... With my headset, that gives me 60 dB of noise
attenuation...

Adding another 31db of attenuation inside the earcup may be good for
protecting the hearing but does the increased volume cause any
overloading of the speakers as they are being driven much harder?