Old November 13th 04, 06:55 AM
C J Campbell

"Gig Giacona" wrote in message

Well in the Peterson case in of all places the People's Republic of
California he is charged with the murder of his wife and unborn child. He

is
hardly the forst to be charged with this. The law seems to be the
embryo/fetus is a human when the mother says it is.

Peterson was, in fact, convicted of second degree murder of his unborn son.

Personally, I would not like to see a general prohibition against abortions.
I think at some point, though, you have to say that you know, you had plenty
of opportunity to terminate the pregnancy up until now. But now the child,
if it was born, has some viability of a human being, and you begin to have a
duty to protect and care for it. In particular, I would like to see a ban on
partial birth abortions.