Old August 25th 06, 05:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Jim Macklin

Default IPC G1000

There is a train of thought that pulling CB as switches can
weaken the springs and latches that make the CB function. I
doubt that is a problem with modern designs. I'd have to
look at the TSO, but imagine they are good for thousands of
cycles.

At one time Cessna and Piper were using flush CB. I do know
that in the Beech aircraft we pulled CB all the time, on the
landing gear, flaps, radios, and never had a CB failure.

If I were instructing in a G1000 airplane, I would first use
aux. power and run the G1000 on the ground, pulling CB and
noting what failed and what did not. I would then start the
engine and do the same while on the ground. Then I'd repeat
it in-flight, noting any differences and creating my own
checklist and reversion list.

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
ps.com...

| Jim Macklin wrote:
| I haven't looked, but are there CB that can be pulled to
| fail components of the G1000 package?
|
| There are but our procedures prohibit us from pulling
them. I"m not