Old September 2nd 06, 04:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BTIZ

Default No more "Left Downwind"?

same thing happened at HND.. they had a tower, but no designated Class D
airspace
so it was magenta.. when the class D airspace was assigned.. it changed to
blue

BT

"Roy Smith" wrote in message
In article ,
B A R R Y wrote:

And we all know everyone is flying with current charts. G

Months after OXC got a tower, several pilots flew right in and landed!

I'm not at all surprised. That was a couple of years ago, and it still
feels strange talking to the tower there :-)

The charting was kind of funky at first, as I remember. It showed up as
an
uncontrolled airport (i.e. magenta), with a CDAS around it. The next
edition of the chart showed it in blue.