Old September 5th 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

Default USS Forestall fire

On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 05:08:46 GMT, "J.McEachen"
wrote:

Mike Weeks wrote:

wrote:

On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 19:53:54 -0500, Rolf T. Kappe
wrote:

On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 14:08:16 -0600,
wrote:

Does anyone know where I might find the side numbers/BuNo of the
Aircraft lost on the USS Forestall on 29 July 1967. TIA.

Walt

Side numbers you can find he
http://www.navsource.org/archives/02/59.htm

Specifically:
http://www.navsource.org/archives/02/025929.jpg

--Rolf

Thanks very much for the info. Now if I can just match side numbers to
BuNos... There does seem to be a couple of discrapancies. There seems
to be one extra A4 and a a missing RA5C. Thanks again.
Walt

Some suggestions -- contact any combination of the following and make a
request specific for the BuNos of those aircraft lost/damaged:

Naval Historical Center, the Naval Aviation History Branch -- CVW-17
1967 Command History Report;

Navy JAG -- any appendix or other add-on to the formal Court of Inquiry
which lists the losses (personnel and/or equipment);

Naval Safety Center -- ask for any report which includes the aircraft
lost/damaged (it's possible that JAG and NSC would actually have the
same report.)

Frormlly do a FOIA with your specific request via:

http://www.foia.navy.mil/

and let the Navy find the info for you. g It may take some time of
course.

MW

a3skywarrior.com has a list of dispositions of all A-3's. If any were
lost on Forrestal, the date should show.
Joel McEachen VAH-5

Thanks. I know the site. I was in VAP-62 when it de-commissioned. Good
tour of duty. No A-3s were lost in the fire but 3 RA-5cs were. Thhanks
again.

Walt