Old September 11th 06, 02:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Default IMPORTANT- Seeyou V's Strepla and airspace violations.

588 wrote:
Ramy wrote:
And while awaiting for Al's appology, I decided to no longer post my
flights to olc. I am sure I am not going to be the only one with this
decision .

Excellent!

If it ever stops raining, I move to the head of the pack -- only need
about 15,000 more points.

To paraphrase a contest pilot (Dick Wolters, I think) who said "Look,
honey! I'm ahead of the guy that went home two days ago!" Now it's
"Look, honey! I'm ahead of the guy that stopped posting two months ago!"
I know the feeling - persistence counts, I say.

I wonder if the OLC will pick up some pilots that will now see the
contest as more fair and sportsmanlike?

--
Note: email address new as of 9/4/2006

Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA

"Transponders in Sailplanes" on the Soaring Safety Foundation website
www.soaringsafety.org/prevention/articles.html

"A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org