Old December 15th 04, 07:14 PM
5pguy

Congrat Alan -

It took me 2 years for training and 9 hours for my IFR checkride.
Having so much on my plane, I took time off. That's why the 2 years.
Working 3 jobs, being a husband and dad of 3 teens then adding IFR
training. Had so much going, my evaluator said either I'd make it or
bust a few area. So I went for it and made.

Started at 9 a.m. Did my flight to another city. Discussions on all
topics. Turned out I ended up asking questions and having a very good
chat about IFR topics. About 2 p.m, went out to preflight. Flew for
about less then 90 minutes. Landed. Nothing was said except for the
inspector asked if I was going to do anything to the plane. I said,
"don't know exactly what you mean? He said, "is there anything wrong
with the plane"? I replied, nothing. I flew just fine. Then he
proceeded to hit about his navy experience about holes in the wings
from someone shooting his plane during a low flight training period. I
got the hint and did a walk around the plane. Noted nothing was wrong
and if there was something, I would have logged it for the next pilot.

After all was done, he congradulated me. I said for what? I passed.
I'll never forget that feeling. Just like getting out of college.
After the post flight discussion, I was dismissed.
9 hours. Enjoyed every minute of it and learned a lot.
Congratulation.