Old September 27th 06, 04:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

Default medical question

Emily wrote:
A poor diet would not likely cause such a low hemoglobin, unless perhaps the
patient had pernicious anemia. It suggests a further workup be carried out.
Although I am not an internist, a simple dietary explanation would not be
sufficient, and other potential causes should be investigated.

Well, after my last experience, I'll try diet first, thanks. I don't
need other idiots poking around and making things up.

(Not saying you're making this up, obviously, but I'm a little reluctant
to go back to the doctor)

He's right, though. *Something* is causing your hgb to run low and it ought to
be investigated. Go find another doc, pay cash and don't say a word about
flying.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com