Old September 27th 06, 05:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Greg Arnold

Default OLC Posting Problem

jcarlyle wrote:
I did a 200 km flight today (my personal best) that I wanted to post to
the OLC. The OLC site refuses to accept the trace, stating that "the
maximum timegap between two valid fixes is too large. (2166 sec 900
sec)". I am instructed to correct the error, and then click 'check
entry'. Obviously, any such a "correction" will cause the flight to
fail a security check. Yet without the correction, I can't post the
flight at all. Catch 22...

You have a week to post (see below), so you have time to ask the OLC
guys to fix your file. Or you could convert to IGC format, then erase
the bogus line. This should pass OLC "security" (very limited if any
security for Model 25 files).

The flight was recorded using a Cambridge GPS-NAV Model 25. I'm told
that sometimes a bad time value is inserted into the data file with
this recorder. What galls me is that SeeYou has no problem presenting
the flight trace, but the OLC software can't!

The Model 20 and 25 seem to insert bogus values from time to time.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Probably it's too late to do
anything, since the Tuesday midnight deadline is almost here (another
Catch 22).

Since the flight was on Tuesday, you have until next Tuesday to post the
flight.

-John