Old October 9th 06, 08:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Doug Haluza

Default SSA-OLC Generation 2.0 - Submission deadlines.

One of the goals of the OLC is to be a real-time information system, so
pilots are encouraged to post their flights as soon as possible. We
like to be able to see what other pilots did on a given day that same
night. It's really exciting to see what people did at other nearby
airfields while your flight experience is still current.

Hopefully the new OLC Generation 2.0 interface will make it easy for
British pilots to post to both the OLC and the BGA ladder. The two
systems can be complementary, and it's unfortunate that the UK is
underrepresented in the OLC, and not participating at all in the
IGC-OLC World League.

W.J. (Bill) Dean (U.K.). wrote:
I have the good luck to fly in the UK, and we have our own excellent ladder,
the BGA National Ladder http://www.bgaladder.co.uk/ . Most pilots in the
UK post to this and not to the OLC.

The BGA ladder rule as to time of posting is as follows:

" 13. Details of each flight must be submitted, either online by the
pilot or via the Club Ladder Steward, within 14 days of the flight taking
place. Full details of flights, including GPS Logger evidence when
available, must be submitted to the National Ladder Steward within 14 days
of being requested. A 10% penalty will be imposed for late entries."

This seems to work well, I am not aware of any complaints.

W.J. (Bill) Dean (U.K.).
Remove "ic" to reply.