Old October 14th 06, 11:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
FLAV8R[_1_]

Default ATC subtle hints

That traffic advisory more than likely was to motivate you to expedite your
takeoff.
I have had the tower ask me to cycle my transponder as another way of saying
"Turn it on you dip".

David - KGYH

"kontiki" wrote in message
I really get a kick out of how subtle ATC can be sometimes in giving those
little "hints" to some pilots. I've heard lots of interesting ones over
time
that have given me a chuckle while flying along. It got me to thinking
about
what some of the more funny ones you guys have heard over the years.

Today, right after being cleared for takeoff, and while rolling onto on
Rwy 36
at SAV I got a traffic advisory from tower about a 757 on a 3 mile final
to Rwy 9.
(for me, that's the lowest altitude I have ever been when receiveing a
traffic advisory!). I responded with "38H is looking" and made an
expeditious
take-off and got a good glance at the big airplane on the way in maybe a
mile
out as I crossed the intersection.

Wish I could recall a few of the more funny ones, but telling stories is
really
not my forte, sorta like you have to be there.