Old October 15th 06, 01:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily

Default ATC subtle hints

B A R R Y wrote:
On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 19:22:44 -0500, Emily
wrote:

That's a good question - how many pilots admit to the controller that
they were just caught being stupid? I was caught once tracking the
wrong VOR and he called me on it. No way to bluff your way out of that one.

With as many controllers that are pilots, a little humility can go a
long way.

Oh, there was humility involved. Actually, right before he called and
asked my heading, I realized, well, look at that, I'm one VOR ahead. So
I said, "Uh, heading will be 320, I just realized I'm tracking the wrong
VOR." His response? "Umm....yeah." I felt about two inches tall.