Old January 17th 05, 11:41 PM
Roy Smith

In article ,
wrote:
On 17 Jan 2005 17:07:57 -0500, (Roy Smith) wrote:

Bob Gardner wrote:
Sure. The onus is on the pilot to navigate to the runway using terrain
features, etc. I don't think that a request for a contact approach would
ever be denied.

There are certainly reasons for a contact approach to be denied
(conflict with other traffic, for example). I think what you're
trying to say is that ATC won't try to second-guess that you have the
required visibility if you make the approach.

Conflict with what other traffic?

ATC doesn't need to second guess anything. The required visibility is
reported visibility, not flight visibility.

Yeah, I should have looked that up before I posted. Sorry.