Old October 23rd 06, 03:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
ccwillwerth

Default Certificated a/c, inexpensive epoxy primer, autobody?

I used an epoxy callled MoPoxy for my steel tube. The exopxy primer is used
on ships and in marine applications to protect them from rust. I am unsing
polyfibre to cover the aircraft. They told me to put some mek or acetone on
a rag and lay the rag on the epoxy primed surface. If it softens the
primer, it is not suitable for use with polyfibre. It is flexable enough to
use in marine applications with far more flexing than I would expect in my
airplane. It comes in a list of different colors and types. I avoided the
"high build" type.

Charlie

"Michael Horowitz" wrote in message
news

I have a certificated a/c (rag and steel Tcraft). I'm considering the
Superflite I covering system.

Since the Superflite system apparently doesn't begin until the 'apply
the cloth' stage, I'm free to use any primer. I'd like to use an epoxy
primer since I've seen what condensation did to my steel tubes.

So I'm looking for an inexpensive epoxy primer. Am I restriced in what
I use since it's a certified a/c ? Must I stay away from the auto body
shop/store? Suggestions?

- Mike