Old October 23rd 06, 03:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
cavelamb himself

Default Certificated a/c, inexpensive epoxy primer, autobody?

Michael Horowitz wrote:
Dave - I have an e-mail out to Superflite asking them where there
process begins. For example (as you and others point out) some of the
fabric adhesives don't react well with some primers, so the approved
process would have to extend to what primer is used. In many cases,
the owner of the process may also manufacture that primer. Since
their tech guy said Zinc Oxide was fine as a primer for System 1 and
their literature (for system 1) doesn't specify a primer, I feel free
to use anything I want (but to best protect the metal, I'd like to go
with a 2 part epoxy) so I'm left looking for a good/inexpensive epoxy
primer. Interesting - if they don't specify a primer and the process
won't work with some primers, then they have a problem! - MIke

EpiBond - best stuff I've rvrt found - and not THAT expensive.
Expecially for what you get.

Richard