Old October 27th 06, 09:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Guy Elden Jr

Default You're Not Going To Believe This: Another Cirrus Is Down (Statesville, NC)

Don't forget about the one in Germany earlier this month too...

On October 8, 2006, at 1555 UTC, a Cirrus Design Corp., SR-22, U. S.
registry N147SR, serial number 1970, operated by Air-OPS, sustained
substantial damage when during landing at Karlsruhe-Baden Airport,
Germany, the airplane departed the side of the runway and struck a
fence. The pilot and passenger on board were not injured. Visual
meteorological conditions prevailed at the time of the accident. The
personal, cross-country flight departed Schwabisch Hall Airpark,
Germany.

Honestly, it's human nature to notice these crashes when they happen so
close together, especially in light of the more famous one earlier in
the month. But I haven't heard of any SR-20 or 22 planes falling out of
the sky because of a severe control failure save for one (think it had
something to do with the linkage to the ailerons). All the rest, as far
as I've heard, have been pilot error related.

--
Guy