Old October 31st 06, 07:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Technology is Incredible...

Greg B writes:

I've had a GPS in my plane the last 4 years. When I sold the plane, the
buyer didn't want my GPS so I took it out. He wanted me to fly the plane to
an airport that I hadn't been to before about 45 miles NE of here. I took
off without the GPS, headed NE and compared the chart to what I was seeing
on the ground. Found the airport without any problems. It would have been
nice to have access to a GPS but we can still fly without one.

Maybe you can fly without one, but is that true for all pilots?

Soundproofing a plane is possible but the added weight isn't worth it. A lot
easier/cheaper to install and use (ANR) headsets.

If you stop using props, most of the noise disappears.

There's planes that fly with only an airspeed indicator, compass, slip/skid
indicator, engine gauges, and an altimeter. They fly fine without all the
radios, GPS, transponder, electrical system, ANR, etc.

In certain places, at certain times.