Old November 13th 06, 03:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andrew Sarangan[_1_]

Default Will the new government have any effect on GA?

Jim Macklin wrote:
Only winning the war on terror will return aviation to
pre-9/11 status. Furthermore, the Democrats rarely return
power since seeking more power is their goal in life.
I look at a candidates position on the Second Amendment
first and aviation secondly. Support for private arms is a
great way to determine how that person will approach all
issues. IMHO.

I think we are screwed for at least 2 years.

I never understood the connection between aviation and guns. A good way
to assess this is to find out how many AOPA members are also NRA
members, or vice versa. I would guess that there is very little overlap.