Old November 15th 06, 03:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
VH-UNR

Default Soreness after flights, and rudders

Mxsmanic wrote:
Robert M. Gary writes:

You probaby don't want to have your foot on the brake on the ground
unless you actually mean to use the brake. I teach my students to taxi
with their feet flat on the floor because they would otherwise always
drag the brakes during taxi.

Is it possible to apply the brakes with your heels on the floor?

Most people seem to want to use brake to control taxi speed rather
than power, which is not a good habit.

At least in simulation, it's very hard to find a power setting that
will keep the aircraft rolling at a convenient speed without it
gradually slowing down or speeding up too much. Of course, you can
adjust the throttle, but it seems like you're constantly playing with
it. Sometimes I get it just right, but finding that spot the next
time around is difficult.

Just like in real life man