Old December 9th 06, 05:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Lessons learned from the Oregon tragedy

Sorry to hear about this... Does anyone have any background on it? I
live in Colorado and haven't heard about it.

john smith wrote:
Mr Kim's death resulting from his decision to attempt to walk out of an
area he was unfamiliar with after becoming stranded, raises some thought
provoking questions for aviators.
In years past, this forum has carried several threads on surviving a
crash in a remote area. I behooves us all to review our personal
preparations for off airport landings in areas over which we will be
flying.