Old December 11th 06, 06:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Plywood bonding to Aluminum fuselage structure ??

Candice wrote:
I wonder if you guys can answer a question about aircraft adhesive and
techinques.

I am considering the option of gluing aircraft plywood to a aluminum
tube fuselage structure. After reading about properties of adhesives
to perhaps accomplish this effort I stumbled upon T88. If I used such
an adhesive to bond plywood to aluminum can it ever be removed if I
wanted to re-panel the fuselage with new plywood a few years down the
road? Conversely, are there other ways to panel a aluminum tube
fuselage with plywood?

ISTR that there are rivets with a large flange area for bonding plywood
to metal.

In small boat building there is a technique called "stitch and glue",
sort of like a monocoque plywood technique that could be useful
for building the fuselage.

--

FF