Old December 12th 06, 06:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Arnold Sten

Default chart geeks and old time central pennsylvanians

Ron Natalie wrote:
Arnold Sten wrote:

Perhaps you were in the class E area for KRVL (Mifflin County
Airport). That are is just about 20 NM south of KUNV, and wort of
centered around the STROH NDB.

Nope keep going south. It's outside the Mifflin Co/Mifflintown
overlapping transition areas. It's roughly centered on a town
marked East Waterford.

Since I'm based at Capital City Airport (Harrisburg),I've flown into
and out of KRVL a number of times. Where are you based?

Culpeper Virginia. My daughter goes to Penn State.

Wonderful! It's always great to hear of another Nittany Lion supporter
in this group. Your daughter made a good choice for college.
Keep Harrisburg Capital City Airport in mind as a good stop should you
need one the next time you fly this direction. It's only another 60 NM
up to KUNV.
If you're the least bit interested, I've got some great aerial photos of
the campus, Beaver stadium (NOT taken during a home football game),
Jordan Center, etc., etc. Email me directly after you remove the obvious
stuff from by address.
The class E that you asked about is for chopper use. It's only about 30
miles from where I live.

Arnold Sten