Old January 8th 07, 11:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
C J Campbell[_1_]

Default World's Ugliest Plane?

Wall Street Journal today ran an article on the Boeing Large Cargo Freighter,
the "Dreamlifter." It is one ugly plane. A CFI and student in a Skyhawk were
darn near killed in November when they flew through the monster's wake
turbulence. They were flipped over and lost 1000 feet of altitude and pulled
out just 150 above the water. This thing has 65,000 cubic feet of cargo
capacity -- triple that of a 747. It will fly Dreamliner nose sections from
Wichita to Seattle for final assembly.

I still have not taken a picture of it. Heck, I've only been to Seattle once
since getting home. Definitely on my list of things to do.