Old January 9th 07, 01:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Orval Fairbairn

Default World's Ugliest Plane?

In article m,
C J Campbell wrote:

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 16:15:07 -0800, gatt wrote
(in article ):

"Kev" wrote in message
oups.com...

C J Campbell wrote:
Wall Street Journal today ran an article on the Boeing Large Cargo
Freighter,
the "Dreamlifter." It is one ugly plane. [...]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_...argo_Freighter

Gives new meaning to taking it from behind...

I dunno, you guys. The Beluga sure isn't much of a looker and the Super
Guppy in the photo linked there looks like it's about to explode blow
popcorn all over the airfield. It looks like a blimp with wings on it, or
something from an Alien movie.

Indeed. The competition for world's ugliest plane is stiff. The Wilga comes
to mind...

Still, the Large Cargo Freighter is a contender, is it not? Especially with
those two huge rear door arms sticking out of just one side of the fuselage.

I hear when it was introduced somebody emailed a picture of it with an Oscar
Meyer Wienermobile paint job to the engineers. I would love a copy of that.

Tr the Avia Airtruk on for size! It was the plane used in "Mad Max".