Old January 15th 07, 08:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Newps

Default Airpark lot, things to consider before buying?

wrote:

I have permission from two of the owners to visit, and I've landed
there a dozen times in 2006... and will do more in 2007!

That's the key, find people in your area with strips you can use. There
are runways everywhere. There's at least 75 within 75 miles of me.
Point your Google Earth to 45.39.25.63N and 109.00.18.52W That's a
friend of mine that has 6000 acres around that location. There are
currently 25 strips on that land, since I don't know when the satellite
picture was taken I'm not sure how many are there. See how many you can
find.

There are several private owned, prior permission only private
strips in Colorado that I have access for me and my students.

Most strips I am aware of aren't listed or registered anywhere so
there's nobody to call. You have to run across them at various fly-ins,
etc.