Old February 3rd 07, 09:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
NW_Pilot

Default We Lost One of the Good Guys

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
ups.com...
Yesterday afternoon Blane Anderson, a local Iowa City pilot, died
ferrying a homebuilt back to Iowa City for an owner. A passenger also
died in the crash, although we have no further information about this
person.

Blane was one of the truly good guys. In his late 30s, Blane was a
youthful, positive and upbeat influence at the airport, and on
everyone around him. He was a pilot's pilot -- a CFII, charter, and
homebuilder who flew everything, and with everyone he could. His
love of aviation was contagious, and he introduced many people to
aviation over the years.

He was also my son's old guitar teacher.

No one knows what happened, but from the pictures of the wreckage it
was not a survivable impact. The weather was not a factor -- it was
cold but clear all day long. Knowing Blane's level of skill and
proficiency, I'm putting money on a mechanical failure of some sort --
but we may never know.

Be careful out there, everyone.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

I Did not know him but I will tip a cold one for him tonight!