Old July 22nd 03, 05:09 AM
Tony Williams

ost (Chris Mark) wrote in message ...
From: "Yann D"

I just remember Saburo Sakai wrote in his book (Samurai) that he did
aerobatics overhead an US base just for fun. An the AA guns didn't fire at
them either...

If this is in reference to the Moresby area in early 1942, AA guns didn't fire
because there weren't any. Some 90mm would have settled his hash.

I doubt that - the heavy AA guns were only really effective against
aircraft flying a steady and predictable course, like bombers. A
fighter doing aerobatics would reduce the gunners to a nervous
breakdown

Tony Williams: Military gun and ammunition
website and Discussion
forum