Old February 23rd 07, 03:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Viperdoc[_4_]

Default Nothing to fly

One plane is gone for two weeks in the avionics shop, the other will sit in
the hangar for probably a month waiting for the prop.

Unfortunately, there isn't much on the field for rent that I haven't flown
before, like 152's, 172's, 172RG, Arrows, Citabria, or Cherokee 180. There
is a Duke that I could get some dual in, but it costs $600/hr.

Soaring and seaplanes are nowhere close by, and although a rotor rating
sounds appealing, I think it would cost close to 10 grand, and I would need
to drive over an hour each way to take a lesson.

So, maybe it's time to wash the hangar floor, or go out as safety pilot with
my buddy so he can play with his new 530W/430W.