Old March 13th 07, 03:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default You know you own an airplane when...

On Mar 10, 8:09 pm, "Jay Honeck" wrote:
...you're actually glad to get the news that a battery box will cost you
ONLY $700.

I remember getting the estimate for a stall indicator switch for my
old Warrior, and just about dying when I heard it was $1300! We took
it apart and discovered that it was a simple five dollar Rat Shack
switch.

We ended up finding a "serviceable" used certified part for "only"
$375. I thought I'd won the lottery! :-)

Those switches often use an industrial microswitch. They
quit because dust or water or soap or airplane polish gets into them
and fouls the contacts. Take the microswitch off, immerse it in laquer
thinner or brake & parts cleaner, work it a few times while wet, and
blow it out. Really good chance it will work just fine.

Dan