Old March 15th 07, 03:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Steve Vernon

Default Flying School!!! - crash_2_op_800x601.jpg (1/1) [132K]

"Netko" wrote in message
x.com...
On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 3:21:12 +0000, unstable wrote
(in message ):

saw this before. apparently the pilot was attempting an emergency landing
at night just short of the airport on a road. car came up the road and
the
pilot went over to avoid the car. he hit the tree and walked away. from
the
report I saw he got more injuries climbing out of the tree then from the
impact

The probable cause of loss of power was carburettor icing:

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/GenPDF.asp?...07CA035&rpt=fa

Apparently the picture has been photoshopped but for dramatic/comic
effect rather than to tell a downright lie. The attached picture
comes from the web site of the airport involved which also has the
full story (near the bottom of the page):

http://www.meadowlakeairport.com/INDEX2.html

--

Doesn't look 'shopped to me. Looks like the picture was taken from the other
side of the (2-sided) sign!

Steve (I'm not a pilot, but I have taken pictures before) Vernon