Old March 21st 07, 10:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Default Below the line

On Mar 21, 2:57 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
Robert M. Gary writes:
I know you are pretty proud of the aviation knowledge that you have
gained. However, as with most aspects of life, without the proper
letters behind your name people are not going to see as you an expert
in anything.

How people see me is not very important. I worry about what I know, not about
what others think I know.

The quality of responses you get from your posts is directly related
to the amount of respect people have for you.

One good solution for you (that is pretty inexpensive)
would be to aquire an Advanced Ground Instructor rating. You can buy
study materials (if you think you need to study), then you just go
down and take the FOI and AGI written tests, and POW, you are the
holder of an "Advanced Ground Instructor" FAA certificates. You never
have to step into an airplane, FBO, or ever see a CFI. I can assure
you that you will be treated with more respect after you have letters
behind your name.

An interesting and intriguing suggestion. Unfortunately, I'm 6000 miles away
from the nearest testing location, so I can't really follow up on it right
now.

I believe this testing center is only about 20 minutes from most
anywhere in Paris by Metro

LE BOURGET CEDEX
LASFR003
FLIGHT SAFETY SCHOOL