Old August 7th 03, 08:46 PM
Stephen D. Poe

David McArthur wrote:

....snipped...
Thanks for the links - it sounds like an intriguing problem.
The bit that caught my attention on the interview was the specific
reference to destructive interference - I'm curious to know what sort
of materials (or arrangement of materials) would be able to produce a
phase difference(?) that would nullify the incoming radar signal?

David

There were several consumer-oriented stealth-related books that were
published at the end of the 1980s. They should have sufficient general
details. Try:

- Stealth, Doug Richardson, Orion Books, NY, 1989.
- Stealth Aircraft, Bill Sweetman, Motorbooks International, 1986.
- Stealth Technology, J. Jones, Aero, 1989.

Or for something a bit more detailed, see:
- Radar Cross Section, Eugene F. Knott, John F. Shaeffer, Michael T.
Tuley, Artech House Radar Library, 1993, 2nd ed.