Old August 12th 03, 02:13 PM
Defender in Tas

Only you believe that gate guard, only you.

'Defender in Tas' may not know much on the subject,but at least he isn't a
gate guard (in a service only slightly less military than Telstra) with
delusions of grandeur.

To you 'Defender in Tas', 'Brash' is an Airfield Defence Guard in the RAAF,
the lowest of the low, they can't hack the hard yards in the Army and aren't
smart enough to find a better job in the RAAF - but he is a laugh with his
self important nonsense.

That was harsh Mr Acrobat, very harsh. Although you did I "may" not
know much on the subject, which at least tones down your comment.

As for your comments Brash, it might be worth remembering that at
some point in time if you were an infantry soldier you may be grateful
for that gate guard and his campaign to save the F-111. I'm thinking
that, say, in 2008, you might be sitting there in a comfortable
fortified position on the East Timor border pleasantly interacting
with hundreds of Indonesian soldiers who have come to holiday, and you
will thank your lucky stars to know that thousands of kilometres away
at RAAF Amberley gate guards are keeping the militant media at bay
while venerable F-111s launch a steady and impressive rate of 8, or
even maybe twice that many, sorties a day, carrying a couple of guided
bombs, external fuel tanks and maybe an AAM or two, to drop on pretty
buildings in Jakarta. And the worst of it is that those dedicated gate
guards will have to keep the increasingly pestilent media away from
the surviving F-111s until you and your army friends - helped out by
some Hornets flying out of Tindal, the navy, and probably a USN
carrier group - have been able to convince East Timor's uninvited
guests to leave or until you leave. Now aren't you glad we have him
here to tell us how to wage war with the F-111?