Old April 9th 07, 01:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andrew Gideon

Default A tower-induced go-round

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 16:55:11 -0700, Jay Honeck wrote:

Class Delta can be MUCH worse than "uncontrolled", in my experience,
because:

[...]

I don't disagree with what you've written, but I don't see this as making
class D worse than uncontrolled; all those same conditions apply but for
the person in the tower. And that person doesn't really control the
airspace (in the sense of providing vectors or separation or such). At
most, he or she limits entrance into the airspace.

She or he can be an aid if good. But I cannot see how he or she can make
things worse.

- Andrew

P.S. Well...unless he or she rants on the radio which I admit I've
heard. But so can a pilot at an uncontrolled field (or even a
UNICOM operator, which I've also heard {8^).