Old April 14th 07, 02:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

Default Critique of: Crash Risk in General Aviation

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 17:11:41 -0700, Sylvain wrote in
:

Jim Logajan wrote:

will read it to its end) I think you'll need to focus in on the one or two
aspect of their article you think are most in need of rebuttal and discard
the other criticisms.

As much as I appreciate the effort made by Larry, I'll have to agree; two
points that could be worth focusing on is that (a) they do not understand
what General Aviation is; (b) they have no undestanding of what IFR (and
VFR and IMC and VMC) mean; both points which they could have clarified
by spending two minutes on Internet and/or talking to some pilots (and/or
association of same such as AOPA); These two points alone discredite the
whole argument.

Agreed. But it's worse than that. One of the Johns Hopkins
University researchers who authored the report has apparently authored
several other aviation oriented reports that are mentioned in the
bibliography! It makes you wonder what those reports are like.