Old April 26th 07, 04:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

Default GoogleGroups Acting Hinky?

On 26 Apr 2007 07:39:24 -0700, Jay Honeck wrote in .com:

Can anyone recommend any other web-based newsgroup portals? I'm
growing weary of Google's eternal attempts at reinventing the wheel.

I've paid for newsgroups for a long time now and used
Free Agent, then Agent to read them.

The cost for text-only access is on par with a subscription
to a magazine.

I've used Newsguy, Astraweb, and Supernews. There
are lots of other news service providers out the

http://www.big-8.org/dokuwiki/doku.p...news_providers

Marty
--
Big-8 newsgroups: humanities.*, misc.*, news.*, rec.*, sci.*, soc.*, talk.*
See http://www.big-8.org for info on how to add or remove newsgroups.