Old April 28th 07, 03:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Lynn Coffelt

Default Tire inflation with Nitrogen or ?

..
I served my time hammering on several F-4 models, but I just never
heard
of "F-4 tape", so I had to Google it up, and I'm not sure I ever used

any on
F-4's
but I recognized the "Googled" description and think it was the stuff we
used
a lot around the T-38's at Edwards.
Old Chief Lynn

F-4 tape is the silicone tape that only adheres to itself. It comes
in red or black. It's been called that since at least the mid 1970s in
all the circles I was in including the years I was on F-4Es. I don't
recall the correct nomenclature.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Mid 1970's? My gosh, Dan, you're just a kid! That's when I retired! F-4
tape name maybe came after I left the struggle!
Old Chief Lynn