Old May 3rd 07, 04:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Margy Natalie

Default 150's and 172's about the only planes flying!!

Peter R. wrote:
On 5/3/2007 10:03:56 AM, Margy Natalie wrote:

Before you ask, all the fly-in spots have been filled for this event and
there is already a waiting list.

Margy, I am certainly do not mean to attack the messenger here, but does
anyone besides me find this ironic?

Why ironic? We can only bring in 50 airplanes and our communications
guy put a sign up sheet at OSH last year. I can tell you the average
age of the pilots is NOT 25. Anyone within fair striking distance
should tell their friends and neighbors! Of course friends and
neighbors of pilots get to do things like sit in airplanes, but I can
tell you there are LOTS of people who have NEVER had the opportunity to
get anywhere near anything other than an airliner. If each one of us
(Pilots) inspired one kid a year for the next 10 years to go out when he
or she was 25 and get a ticket, we would have done really well. And if
we each got 2 kids, imagine, 2 kids a year, well we might have a movement...

Margy