Old May 4th 07, 05:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

Default Heading to Oshkosh

("Morgans" wrote)
Ahem...I think MontBlack is incorrect on this point :-) Listening to the
Air Boss or the tower controllers is a must.

I didn't speak up, from fear that everyone else thought I was crazy, but I
gotta agree.

I would much rather hear the constant banter of the control tower working
it's miracles, like happens no where else, than the PA speaker trying to
fill time with inconsequential nothingness.

The rubber ducky handheld is not as OSH friendly as my jogging/treadmill
(armband) radio/headset.

My solution:
Have EAA "broadcast" the different (tower) frequencies over local FM radio -
using one of those low power (limited range) deelybob Drive-In movie theater
systems.

Our YMCA has a different FM channel to "dial" your headset to - under each
TV.

Montblack