Old May 13th 07, 04:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Zzzzzoom in Zzzzzero Gravity

On May 13, 8:47 am, Jim Logajan wrote:
DABEAR wrote:
On May 11, 7:25 am, Chuck Slusarczyk
wrote:
In article .com,
DABEAR says...
On May 10, 8:38 am, Chuck Slusarczyk
wrote:
Years ago he reviewed a little homebuilt called the Capella.
Later they got on his ****list, but when he reviewed it he did
his standard "looped, rolled and spun" story. A year later, a
couple of kids (without licenses) flying a non-registered but N
number wearing 2 place tried a zoom and pull, and pulled the
wings off. We know for they read Zoom's story. Did he influence
their decision? It's likely.

Hey, Chuck...does anyone have the N Number and full type of aircraft
on this one? Or, a copy or reference (link?) to the accident
report?

I'll see if I can find it .I'm pretty sure I have the issue with his
flight report and probably also have one with the crash report.

Excellent...thanks much!

NTSB search by keyword "Capella" yielded 4 hits, one of which had
fatalities and appears to be the accident in question:

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?e...1X12205&key=1- Hide quoted text -

This is the correct accident report. The pilot was Shane Smith,
zzzoom made a big deal about how they had a memorial moment to him at
one of his 1994 SnF party. I was at zzzooms 1993 SnF forum on picking
an homebuilt aircraft. He mentioned the Capella during the talk saying
that he with his fiancee looped it, rolled it and took it over Vne. I
thought you f@%#ing idiot, if you are going to do something like that
why take someone with you.

Frank M.Hitlaw, at my secret world Hq