Old May 25th 07, 08:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Rich S.[_1_]

Default $1500 Cash Reward

"Darrel Toepfer" wrote in message
. 18...
7. Browning Sportsman .22 LR Semi-Automatic Pistol (Mfd. in Belgium)
with checkered walnut grip and 6" barrel in original vinyl case with
oily silicone rag

Had mine stolen too back in '80... I loved that gun, very accurate, or I
was with it...

Me too, in '84. My dad and I bought a matched set of Browning Challenger
..22's. Mine was the 6" and his was a bit shorter. Both made in Belgium. A
"friend" of my son's broke in and stole them along with my camera to sell
for drugs. My son caught up with him later and blended him with the tarmac.
Didn't get the guns back, though. They were long gone.

You both have my sympathy. Getting ripped off like that can take a year off
your life just from the feeling of violation and the stress of wondering if
it will recur; or if you coulda/woulda/shoulda done something to prevent it.
It's not your fault. There are a$$holes out there and always will be. I hope
no one was hurt in the incident.

Rich S.