Old June 11th 07, 08:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Ed Rasimus[_1_]

Default Do you know who is the best F-14 pilot worldwide? the answer is...

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 12:15:02 -0700, Don McIntyre
wrote:

On Jun 11, 10:05 am, Amir - Iranian F-4 pilot
wrote:
Hi,
The best f-14 pilot in all over the world is the Jalal Zandi, the
iranian f-14 pilot.
He gained 12 confirmed air to air kills in war with iraq that is
marvelous,

Not to denegrate his skills, but it helps to be in a target-rich
environment. Were these AAM or Gun kills? What kind of targets did he
shoot down? Migs, Helos, Mirage F.1s?

p.s. I wn't let my feelings about an individual's government get in
the way of my respect for a good pilot. I respect Eric Hartmann, too.

The old cliche goes: "If you don't know who the world's greatest
fighter pilot is, it isn't you!"

Nothing wrong with being proud of your AF, proud of your nation, and
proud of aeronautical achievements. But, claims of being the "best
F-XX pilot worldwide" based on kills against what has proven to be a
decidely over-rated and demonstrably second rate fighting force are a
classic example of "chutzpah"--which brings to mind what might be a
significantly more challenging set of adversaries.....

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
www.thunderchief.org